It's true...I haven't posted about my husband's dog in a while... But it's only because he and I have not come to an understanding yet about what is acceptable to chew and/or use the bathroom on and what is not. However, one thing that I have found super funny about Notch is that he can attack some bubbles like nobodys business! The little kids were blowing some a couple of days ago and Notch just went bezerk!! He was chasing them down like you would not believe! Even to the point of catching air! So, I took some pictures of him trying to eat all the bubbles. Michael Jordan ain't got nuttin' on him!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
My friend, Amanda, gave me a high five and asked me to participate in this little list... So, I will give you my list of 10 little things that I love that make my life a bit easier...
1. Edward, my laptop. My wonderful, loving, caring, and fabulous hubby gave me a new laptop after my old one, we determined was not going to live more than 5 more minutes. I love it and could not live without it!
2. my iPod. I live with my iPod on about 5 hours out of the day. Seriously. I'm not kidding. First thing I do in the morning when I am getting my cup of coffee is to turn on my iPod. Hardly watch tv at all during the day. Music is playing all day though. If I thought my iPod was fried...I would melt into a puddle on the floor and have a hissy...yes maam I would...
3. my bose docking speaker. See #2... I bought this for my husband for Father's day one year. He hardly ever used it so he brought it back home for us to use here. My iPod lives there. Unless it is traveling with me in the car. It allows me to hear my music wherever I am in the house, depending on how loudly I turn it up...which is usually very loud.
4. my cell phone. I love it and yes, I know that I have a problem parting with it. I don't like for it to be very far from me. Not so much for talking on it, but for texting. Hello, my name is Ashley, and I am a textaholic. I know this, and I readily admit it. Truly, in most cases, I would rather text than talk. But texting does allow me to stay connected to those that I love that don't live here (like Ang, and Keli, and Brandi ...HEY GIRLS!!!) That's the way that I feel close since we don't get to see each other all the time. Bottom line...I NEED MY PHONE!!!
5. DVR. Some of you may have TIVO, but basically the same thing. I heart my dvr...very much. I can rewind something I missed or didn't catch on live tv, I can pause my show so I don't miss anything, I can record 2 things at once AND I can start watching one of my recordings before it has finished. I can set it to record a certain program every week and it will record it EVEN if the day and time changes that the show comes on or if it comes on an extra time during the week!!! If you don't have one...INVEST!!! Make your life easier!!
6. my camera. Also, another purchase by my hunk of a man... well, really it was a joint gift, but he did supply the majority of the funding for said purchase... But, I love it! I have never, ever had a camera this nice before and the pictures it takes are A MAZING!! Makes me look like I have some idea about what I am doing... but I really don't... so don't tell anyone! It is our anniversary/Christmas/birthday/valentines day/whateverelseforthenext5years gift to each other. Nikon D90...do you hear the music? I do...
7. Starbucks. White chocolate mocha with whip... do I really need to justify this one?? I didn't think so...
8. facebook. Okay, I know that I may be reaching on this one, but... I resisted soooo long before I finally caved. Now, I love it! I have been able to get in touch with people that I haven't seen in 15 years!! It has been so much fun reconnecting with them again! And, i can just shoot friends a quick message whenever I want to! If you don't have a FB page, you should give it a try! But a quick warning... it CAN be as, if not more so, addicting than blogging!!
9. my calendar. I can not live without my calendar. And I don't mean one on my phone or computer either. I mean my good, old fashioned, hanging on my fridge calendar. I have to write everything down on it. And I check it everyday, sometimes more than once... or twice... just in case something has changed...hehehe Seriously, I can't tell you how much I depend on it. If I don't write it on there, it ain't gonna happen sistah!
10. my GHD. AKA my flat iron. I love this flat iron. GHD actually stands for Good Hair Day. I'm not kidding... And, again, my fabulous man bought this for me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I haven't had many bad hair days since I figured out how to use it properly! It is a bit pricey for a flat iron, but soooo worth it! Try it! You'll see...
Monday, February 16, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I can't believe that you are 8 years old today!!! Wow!! You have grown and changed sooo much! You started the 2nd grade this year and completed a lot of your work before Christmas! You are such a smart kid! Your brother and your sister, even though they bug you a lot, love you very much and always have fun playing with you. You and Wyatt especially love to pretend like you are Jedi's and fight with your light sabers. And there isn't a video game out there that you can't play! You have gotten so tall this year too. You are almost as tall as I am!!! (Which Daddy says isn't really saying all that much...anyway...) You have become such a helper for mommy too. You make the bed in the morning and get yourself dressed. You take the big garbage can to the road for dad and even help mommy with the dishes, loading and unloading the dishwasher, though you DO think its fun to wash them in the sink! You are a great reader too! Wyatt and Mallory love for you to read them stories! And you can play dominos with the best of us! You love to be with your Gran-Gran on the farm...anywhere that he goes, YOU want to go. You even call him and ask him if he has any work for you to do!! And you love to spend the night with your Mia and Papa and go eat breakfast with Papa and his buddies on Saturday mornings! You even share your Papa's love for golf and played in a tournament this past summer. And you also learned how to drive a 4wheeler at the Davis' house! But the best most important thing of all...this year you gave your heart to Jesus. Out of everything you have done, and everything else you will do, you have already done the best thing by asking him into your heart. I love to see you reading your Bible and taking it with you to church.
Mommy and Daddy love you so much!! And we are so proud of you!!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Okay...I know that I haven't been here for a while, but I do have reason...though they may not be good ones! First of all, believe it or not, my kids really haven't done anything blogworthy lately. I know, hard to believe around here, but it's true! Then I had a small accident this weekend. I tore my somemusclethatIcan'tspellorpronounce in my calf muscle. Supposed to take about 2-3 weeks to completely heal and I am on crutches...kinda. I just can't use them often anymore. They are KILLING me!!! So, I only use them when I start hurting really bad. I know that many of you are telling me that's not gonna help it heal any faster, but YOU try chasing after 3 kids on crutches...doesn't work all that great!
But...I did get a visit from Casey on Saturday!!! We miss him bunches and were sooo glad that he came over for a while. My kids love him to death and they didn't leave him alone the whole time that he was here!! I'm hoping that he comes back more often!!
The other reason I haven't been here much is because some of my friends, who I will not name...Ang and Julie...told me how much I needed Facebook...repeatedly. So, I caved. Now, I love it!! So, I have been trying to figure it all out and get the hang of things over there!! Cause you know, I just needed ONE more way to stay in touch with you all!!