Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Maine Recap

Well, we made it home!!  Though we had to get up at 330am...I am still glad to be here!  We had such a good time, better than I ever thought we would.  I thought I knew what it would be like...but I wasn't really even close!  We shopped, we ate, went sledding and tubing, we laughed, had snowball fights, and generally just acted like a bunch of kids!  

So, here are some things that I learned on my trip...
anything covered in snow looks gorgeous!!!!
if you want to try on anything in a store, you have to really want to try it on!  You must commit to it because you have to take off soooo many layers!
wearing a hat that much does NOT do good things to my hair.
don't wear jeans that are too long in the snow...they will be wet up to the calf before the day is over if you do.
when snow melts on your freshly done hair, it will make it wet thus you should just wear the hat anyway...
if you step on the gas too hard in your truck, you WILL spin out in the road...
and the most important thing I learned in Maine is...it is almost painful to sit on the toilet seats!  Talk about coooooollllldddd!!!!


little grocery store we used
THIS IS A MCDONALDS PEOPLE!!!!

someone forgot to kill the animal and take them off the boot in ColeHaans
just thought that last picture was fun nee!!!

7 comments:

CntryMomma said...

You could have learned all those things in Ohio ... minus all the pretty scenery. LOL

LORI

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad you are back safe and sound. What an awesome and fun trip. You learned alot I see...LOL Those boots are hysterical. I think they need a shave.

Mrs. Chief said...

i know you are lying about that mickie d's...how intresting. Glad you are home

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..that is McDonald's like in french fry?
-sandy toe

Khadra said...

that was a McDonald's?! wow!!

Paige Hinrichs said...

Oh it's just beautiful!!! Looks like a wonderful trip. In some strange way, I think my husband would love those boots. :)

Janine said...

Hey girl! I am trying to scurry through your blog...I have missed so much! I LOVE your pictures what a fun trip...I will try and email you soon! Just really wanted to say hi!