Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza Weekend



Saturday was my birthday.  But the celebrations began on Friday with a birthday supper at my parents house.  Earlier that day, my mother had given Mallory a surprise of some dress-up shoes.  She LOVED them!!!!  She clomped all over the house with them on.  The biggest problem was that my 3 yr old also liked them and wanted to wear them.  This would not be a problem if the 3 yr old wasn't a boy!!  Now I know that many of you are going to say that it's no big deal and not to worry about it and typically I would agree.  But the older he gets, and the more it continues, I just think that it's time to set the clear boundaries.
Also later that afternoon, I went to visit our new puppy who lives very nearby my parents house and they let me bring him over for a nice long visit.  It was the first time my children had seen him and they all fought about whose turn it was to hold him.  My daughter's maternal instinct kicked in and not believing that those stinky boys could take care of the "baby" as well as she could, she opposed very loudly any time it was suggested that it was Wyatt or Jackson's turn to hold the puppy.  She rocked him in the rocking chair like a baby and would say "Shhh, puppy seepin"  whenever she determined that we were too loud!
We had a nice dinner with my family and Steph and Ryno came and ate with us too.  However, our game of dominos that we played afterwards did not go so well and we almost called it quits as friends. (j/k)
Saturday night we went to dinner and the Wildcats game with Steph, Ryan, and Patrick.  It was alot of fun. While we were there a few very interesting things happened.  One thing was our friend Tracey Goode is the announcer at the game and my wonderful hubby sent him a text during the game telling him that it was my birthday.  Now you just have to know Tracey.  He is the biggest  jokester that ever walked the face of the earth.  On top of that, he is also the funniest person I think I have ever met.  So once Tracey got the text, you can guess what happens next.  He wishes me a happy "24th" birthday over the loudspeaker.  Yep.  Wasn't sure if I should kill Frank first or Tracey!!  But, on the upside, as natural payback for Frank doing this to me, because he had the phone in his hand from sending a text, when the football came soaring through the air right over to us, I closed my eyes and quickly ducked.  Frank did not and didn't let go of his phone so....the football bounced right off his face.  Oh yeah...   The other thing that was really funny was that Tracey didn't know the names of the opposing team so, he just used the names of the people in the stands that he did know.  For example he would say..."and there went Frank Griffin for 10 yards"...  it was pretty funny!
 I feel so lucky to have such great friends.  Some people are only lucky enough to have 1 or 2 very special friends.  God heard my cry several years ago and now truly my cup runneth over!!!

No comments: