Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Potty Training, well kind of...

So now that Mallory is 2 it is time to start potty training and honestly she is truly interested.  She says all the time that she needs to "tee tee potty".  It's funny that no matter the length of time between the potty trainers the things that you forget or no matter how many times you have taught little people to use the potty, you feel like each one is the first.  So as I have been trying to figure out where to begin with my daughter, a thought occurred to me.  I have never taught a girl before.  This could be fun.  Easy even.  Well, today while I am rushing around trying to get my house somewhat clean before I have to go pick up Wyatt from camp, down the stairs comes said daughter announcing that she needs to go tee tee.  Now I am in a hurry at this point and I know that she really probably does not need to go, but...ok.  So we hurry to the potty and have a seat.  She looks up at me and with a smile says "read book".  I give a quick glance up to God that says "really" then go get a book.  We read the book, she gets up from potty without going, and runs back upstairs.  Fifteen minutes later same thing.  So we go to the potty again, read the same book, and then she announces that she wants to read a different book.  I initially say no.  But as she continues to protest louder and louder, I begin to rethink my initial decision.  So I give my precious daughter the original book and ask her to sit there while I go and get another book.  Upon my return, precious daughter is not so precious anymore because she got up from the potty and walked over to my carpet...and went tee tee.  So much for potty training...

No comments: