Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Say What?

These are some things that I swore I would NEVER say(or even think or do) that my mom used to say all the time.  Every time I say one of them, I can still hear her voice in my head...and then mine quickly spins around...

  1. You need to go make your bed!  To which I would reply "why? I'm just going to get back in it in a few hours!!  Can't I just close the door?"  Now, every morning, I say the SAME thing to my 7 yr old, seeing as how it is his responsibility to make up his bed AND his brothers bed (Wyatt is learning, people.)  I have a twitch all day if I leave the house with my bed unmade. Thanks, mom...
  2. Turn out the lights when you leave the room! I never understood the big deal...until I had to pay the bills. And truth be told, I still have a small problem with this one from time to time.
  3. Turn on the light if you're gonna read that book! You can't read in the dark! Need I say more?
  4. Is there something you are looking for in the fridge?
  5. Don't just stand there with the fridge door open! I am not cooling the neighborhood! Lord, help my kids..
  6. Also, Shut the door! You're letting all the cool air out!!
  7. This room looks like a bomb went off! Most of the time, it has... Their names are Jackson, Wyatt, and Mallory.
  8. There could be a dead body in here (referring to the toy box) and we would never know it!
  9. Were you born in a barn? I don't know... weren't you there???
  10. You'll eat it and like it... Wha?
  11. That's an oldie, but a goodie! Except now when I say it, I am referring to Bon Jovi, not the Supremes!
  12. after a beating... Okay, dry it up, that's enough crying!
  13. Don't make me pull this car over! And by the way...I have...several times...in the median.
So how about it?  What kind of things do YOU say that your mom used to say?

3 comments:

Heather @ Home said...

Well, Judd is not that old yet, so I haven't had as much opportunity as some to use the "mother phrases". However, I have used the "dry it up" to ward off a crying jag. Oh, and one of my favorites..."Don't make me come in there!". One thing I do that my mother did that drove me nuts is sing to Judd to wake him up. My mom used to wake me up for school like that, and it drove me crazy!

Michelle Riggs said...

very funny! Do you want to know how many of those I have said?
;-)

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Have you been secretly listening at our house?