Saturday, November 22, 2008

Love Dare Day 34

The world is all around us. In everything that we see and everyplace we go. And it does it's very best to influence our decisions and our thoughts. Television, radio, newspapers... they all try to tell us to have it our own way (wait... I think that's Burger King...), that whatever we feel is okay, look out for yourself first. All of these statements are contrary to the Word of God.

What do we do to influence our world, our communities for the Truth? How about our marriages? What makes you the proudest of your spouse? Is it when they get that promotion at work? Maybe when they win that trophy. Or is it when they lead that family devotion? You and I are the most influential people in the life of our spouse. How do we use that influence? Do we use it to influence them to honor God or themselves?

I hadn't really ever thought about that very much. I mean, after all, I know that Frank is a Christian and we go to church just about every time the doors are open. We are active in many areas of our church and openly talk about our love of Jesus to anyone that will listen. So I never really considered my influence over my husband. Unless you're talking about how to get some new clothes or shoes. And then I can NOT reveal my methods of influence! *wink wink*

I never thought that my influence could cause my husband to sin. What do I mean by that? When Frank sings a solo in church, does my praise of his abilities cause him to think too highly of himself or cause him to be prideful? Or when he really succeeds at work, does my praise feed his vanity?

Love rejoices MOST in the things that please the Lord. Growing in Christian character, being the spiritual leader in the home, standing firm in our faith, staying pure before the Lord... those are the things that should be praised.

Today's dare says FIND A SPECIFIC RECENT EXAMPLE WHEN YOUR SPOUSE DEMONSTRATED CHRISTIAN CHARACTER IN A NOTICEABLE WAY. VERBALLY COMMEND THEM AT SOME POINT TODAY FOR THIS.

I have to say that this was hard for me. Not to think of anything. But because there are sooo many things. I am truly so blessed. I can really see that Frank is making a very big effort to make some changes in our marriage. Not to change me, but to himself. But, I thought that I would share something else with you that might give you a better picture.

Remember way back at the beginning of the dare on day 7 when we were asked to make a list of all the positive things we love about our spouse? Well, many of the things I wrote down demonstrate Christian character and the love of Christ. So, I thought I would share my list with you. (and give Frank a chance to see it too!) Not everything on the list is "spiritual" or falls into this category specifically. But I thought it would give you a better picture of what a wonderful man God gave me. I am thankful for him everyday (even when he does leave his underwear or socks on the floor!!)

*I love the way Frank loves his children
*Godly man
*hard worker
*good provider
*honest
*HOT!!!!
*well respected and gives respect
*loves his family
*loves MY family
*quick to forgive
*not easily angered
*not afraid to show emotions
*great singer
*great piano player
*loyal friend
*super smart
*excels at EVERYTHING he does
*contagious laughter
*always trying to be a better man
*lets me have horses even though they aren't his thing
*good snuggler
*always helps me w/the kids (he is the bath giver, remember)
*great dresser
*helps without always having to be asked

These are just a few things... I love you, Frank!!!

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great list! That was a very good post too!

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

I just want to say that I LOVE reading your blog and posts like this are the reason! Can't speak for anyone else, but you are inspiring me to do better in my marriage. And also, I just have to say that your Christmas countdown is causing me a bit of panic. Looking at the days is not so bad, but the seconds ticking down is what's getting to me! Haha. Have a good night!

Amanda said...

Its wonderful when we can honor our husbands in a postive and uplifting way... when others can see the importance we place on that special and most importnat relationship!

You have done such a wonderful job with the love dare! Its almost up, but I have a feeling it will go on forever???

Mant blessings-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

please tell me your hubby reads your blog- that has got to bless him!

Davisix said...

Is it wrong that I now how a crush on Frank? I'M KIDDING, I'M KIDDING!!! I love this dare because I so love the man God blessed me with too. Thanks for sharing! xoxo Ang

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I love this. I have been trying to do this with my Mister, he has been working so hard to save our business with the economy.. I really think they do need to hear how much we appreciate all they do. I need to go get this book.